Yacht Services & Yacht Crew Training Barcelona - Latest Yacht Crew News & Information on Maritime English Language Courses
From Port Olympic and Port L'Escala, Barcelona we offer a range of Yacht Services and RYA/MCA Yacht Crew Training. Our STCW10 courses start every other Monday, we also run RYA Power Boat Level 1 and 2 for Tender Drivers. Our courses are tailored to meet the individual needs of our customers in the yachting and super yacht industry. We have been training yacht crews and Masters Of Yachts 200gt from Barcelona and Gibraltar for nearly 10 years. Many of our students are now working professionally in the yachting industry. Bespoke tailored RYA/MCA training courses or intensive Fastrack Yachtmaster training we offer the skills necessary to work professionally worldwide including Maritime English language Training in Spain.
Deck Hand & Professional Yachtmaster and Yacht Crew Courses
Our courses begin with:
- Pro Deck Hand VHF/SRC + Power Boat Level 2 + MCA STCW 10
- Pro Deck Hand RYA/MCA Competent Crew + STCW 10, a course designed to make sure you can crew professionally on any yacht or power boat.
- Pro RYA/MCA Day Skipper + STCW 10 - the first step towards gaining a commercial licence, this Certificate can be endorsed for commercial use.
- Pro RYA/MCA Coastal Skipper and Yachtmaster Coastal + STCW 10 - a professional licence commercially endorsed allowing the holder to skipper commercial vessels with paying customers.
- Pro RYA/MCA Yachtmaster + STCW 10 - Master Of Yachts 200gt - a professional qualification recognised worldwide and allowing the holder to captain commercial vessels upto 200gt.
- Pro RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Ocean - Unlimited yacht or power boat Skipper worldwide
- Professional Practices and Responsibilities - Mandatory course for professional skippers. Take your PPR Course with us here PPR Certificates and Course Info.
RYA/MCA Maritime English language Training Courses Barcelona
Maritime English Courses for RYA/MCA Written and Oral Exams
Maritime English Courses in Barcelona Spain Gibraltar and Antibes France.
If English is not your first language and you are interested in a career at sea, then you will need to master the basic Maritime English.
Our courses are delivered by Professional English Language Teachers who have RYA Instructor Qualifications. In order to pass all of the RYA/MCA written and oral exams you must demonstrate a good use of Maritime English. Our English Maritime Language Courses are designed with only one aim in mind - to ensure you pass the Maritime Exams you have chosen for your career. One to one coaching or small groups.
We offer Maritime English Training to complete the following subjects:
- Maritime English for Professional Deck Hands Basic MEDHB and Advanced MEDHA
- Maritime English for RYA /MCA Day Skipper Theory Shorebased MEDSS
- Maritime English for RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Coastal Skipper MECSS
- Maritime English for RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Ocean Theory Shorebased MEYMOS
- Maritime English for MCA Stcw 95 Basic Safety Training (Firefighting, PSSR, Elementary First Aid, Sea Survival) MESTCW95
- Maritime English for MCA Master 200gt Oral Exam MEMCA200gt
- Maritime English for (PPR) Professional Practices and Responsibilities Course Certificate MEPPR
We also offer Maritime English for all RYA/MCA Practical Power Motor Cruising and Sail Cruising Qualifications.
There are 3 navigational courses to undertake:
- RYA/MCA Day Skipper Theory - a 40-hour navigational course covering the skills required to navigate a yacht or power boat by day
- RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Coastal - a 40-hour course teaching the skills required to navigate by day and night given some navigational information
- RYA/MCA Yachtmaster Ocean - Celestial Navigation
- Onboard Training RYA/MCA 1 Day First Aid - RYA/MCA 1 Day SRC/VHF Radio - RYA Radar - RYA Diesal Engine Maintenance
Our STCW 95 Courses can be run separately the course comprises of and is essential training for yacht crews.
Essential training for the professional marine industry, the 5-day STCW Basic Safety Training package provides all those attending with the practical skills and knowledge to comply with the mandatory requirements of the four modules of STCW 10 basic training.
1. MCA STCW 10 Personal Survival Techniques
Realistic, practical, sea-based training. Have you had the opportunity to test yourself working in salt water, working with strangers to organise yourself in a liferaft with plumes of water beating down on
you? Our one-day STCW 10 Personal Survival Training course is run fortnightly.
Run by professional trainers who have really been there and done that, our training is a cut above other courses. Here you'll get the opportunity to jump into cold water, practice survival techniques in the sea and work with others to learn survival techniques. You will get the opportunity to test yourself in fully controlled, but more difficult conditions than those usually experienced in an indoor swimming pool.
Unlike real-life conditions, you'll be wearing dry-suits and thermal clothing, but we aim for all other parts of the course to be as realistic as possible.
2. MCA STCW 10 Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention
On completion of the training, the trainee will have knowledge of the ways in which fires are caused and the precautions to be taken to minimise the risk of fire in ships. They will be able to:
* Maintain a state of readiness to respond to emergency situations involving fires aboard ship
* Fight and extinguish fires using fire fighting apparatus and appliances provided on board
* Act as a member of a fire party, including use of self-contained breathing apparatus
3. MCA STCW 10 Elementary First Aid
The following items are part of this course, develop competence in:
Taking immediate action upon encountering an accident or other medical emergency
Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency
- Assessment of needs of casualty and threats to own safety
- Appreciation of body structure and functions
- Understanding of immediate measures to be taken in cases of emergency, including the ability to:
- Position casualty
- Apply resuscitation techniques
- Control bleeding
- Apply appropriate measures of basic shock management
- Apply appropriate measures in event of burns and scalds, including accidents caused by electrical current
- Rescue and transport a casualty
- Improvise bandages and use materials in emergency kit
4. MCA STCW 10 Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
To develop competence in:
- Complying with emergency procedures
- Taking precautions to prevent pollution of the marine environment
- Observing safe working practices
- Understanding orders and being understood in relation to shipboard duties
- Contributing to effective human relationships on board ship
Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiency
- Types of emergency which may occur, such as collision, fire, foundering
- Knowledge of shipboard contingency plans for responses to emergencies
- Emergency signals and specific duties allocated to crew members in the muster list; muster stations; correct use of personal safety equipment
- Action to take on discovering potential emergency, including fire, collision, foundering and ingress of water into the ship
- Action to take on gearing emergency alarm signals
- Value of training and drills
- Knowledge of escape routes and internal communication and alarm systems
- Effect of operational or accidental pollution of the marine environment
- Basic environmental protection procedures
- Importance of adhering to safe working practices at all times
- Safety and protective devices available to protect against potential hazards aboard ship
- Precautions to be taken prior to entering enclosed spaces
- Familiarisation with international measure concerning accident prevention and occupational health
- Importance of maintaining good human working relationships aboard ship
- Social responsibilities; employment conditions; individual rights and obligations; dangers of drug and alcohol abuse
No One Sails Further For Your Sail Training - Mediterranean and Atlantic Yachtmaster Academy
Yacht Crew Training Barcelona and Gibraltar Latest News