Sail Training Terms and Conditions
RYA Sail Training Terms & Conditions
- Telephone bookings will be held without deposit for a maximum of 24 hours.
- RYA Sailing Courses 25% deposit. Deposits are non-refundable.
- Balance is payable two months prior to embarkation. In the event of non-payment we reserve the right to resell the course; payments made will be reimbursed should the course be resold.
- In the event of cancellation prior to the final balance being due only the deposit is forfeited. If cancellation after the date of final payment the client is liable to pay outstanding balance, should we be unable to re-let the space. At our discretion we may transfer the reservation to an acceptable alternative date.
- We reserve the right to alter the published schedule or substitute an alternative vessel. If this is unacceptable to the client a full refund shall be made. No responsibility what so ever will be accepted for air fares or other costs.
- The company shall not accept claims and shall not be liable at any time for claims or expenses caused by circumstances beyond its control including sickness, accident, travel delays, weather, strikes, war or civil unrest.
- In the event of the company cancelling a charter or course we shall be liable only for refund of fees paid. No payment will be paid made for incidental costs.
- No student or charterer shall bring aboard any contraband, drugs or any other substance or item without the prior knowledge or permission of the skipper.
- A booking signifies acceptance of the company’s terms and conditions.
- Mile building - miles and destinations cannot be guaranteed, we sail with the wind.
- If your yacht is not able to start from the nominated base for weather or mechanical reasons you will need to make your way to the yacht at your own cost.
- In the event a dispute is not settled by mutual agreement it is agreed that The British Law Society shall appoint an arbiter whose decision shall be final and that wherever the dispute occurred both the client and the company shall be governed by British Law.
- If in the Opinion of the Skipper or Master of any vessels operated by Blue Oyster a student or customer is unfit to sail or participate in any course due to alcohol or drug related intoxication they will be removed from the vessel.
- The customer may rejoin the vessel with the Skippers permission and at their own cost in the case of an isolated incident.
- If a student or customer demonstrates any unsociable behaviour towards other students or customers, or in any of the marina's that we visit towards staff or any other person, upon being given a final warning will be removed from the course. No refund will be given.
- Whilst at Sea and in Marina, at Anchor or Mooring Buoy the Skipper/Master of the vessel has the authority of Blue Oyster Maritime Training to manage the crew, students and vessel accordingly in compliance with MCA Maritime Law and local bylaws. The Skipper/Masters decision is final.
Please ensure you have read the above and understand the requirements before you sail, everything is intended to prevent accidents at and maximise your time time at sea.
Barcelona Sailing School is a Division of Blue Oyster Maritime Training
Blue Oyster Limited Suite 1 19 Town Range Gibraltar
Registered Number 106358